Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2016 (GATE) Published his GATE 2016 Examination Schedule Declared on his official website http://www.gate.iisc.ernet.in More Details about GATE 2016 Examination & Schedule, GATE 2016 Syllabus, GATE 2016 Admit Card, GATE 2016 Result Mention below.
GATE 2016 Examination Schedule Declared
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. The GATE score of a candidate reflects a relative performance level in a particular subject in the examination across several years. The score is used for admissions to post-graduate programs (e.g., M. E., M. Tech, direct Ph.D.) in centrally funded Indian institutes of higher education (i.e., institutes which are provided with financial assistance by MHRD and other Government agencies). The score is also used by some Public and Private Sector Undertakings for employment processes. Direct recruitment to Group A level posts i.e., Senior Field Office (SFO Tele), Senior Research Officer (SRO) (Crypto) and SRO(S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat is now being done on the basis of GATE scores. The information in this brochure is mainly categorized into Pre-Examination (Eligibility, Application submission, Examination Centers etc.), Examination (Syllabus, Pattern, Marks/Score, Model Question Papers etc.) & Post-Examination (Answers, Results, Scorecard etc.) sections.
GATE 2016 Basic Features
- Examinations for all the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
- GATE 2016 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 30th January 2016 and 07th February 2016. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2016 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- For GATE 2016 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc., to IISc or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2016 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2016 website. No printed copy of admit cards will be posted to the candidates.
|September 1, 2015 (Tuesday)||GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrolment, Application Filling, Application Submission|
|October 1, 2015 (Thursday)||Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website|
|November 20, 2015 (Friday)||Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login|
|December 17, 2015 (Thursday)||Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing|
|January 30 to February 07, 2016||GATE 2016 Online Examination
|March 19, 2016 (Saturday)||Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website|